You may remember the #grillitarier campaign by Migros, which is all about celebrating summer and firing up the barbecue. I shared the following vegan bbq recipes in collaboration with Migros last year:
And today I’m delighted to share this super simple recipe for filled (or topped) pita breads, using the falafels from Cornatur, as part of this summer’s collaboration with Migros. It’s an easy way to turn these chickpea-based bites into a satisfying summer dish.
Falafel Pitas with Tahini Sauce
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 pita breads
- 1 packet falafels (I used these)
- 130g plain soy yogurt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 pinch of salt (I used the chili sea salt from Migros)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- fresh arugula
- 1 ripe avocado
- pomegranate seeds
- For the sauce: combine the yogurt, tahini, lime juice, salt and ca. 3/4 of the coriander.
- Cut the pitas open half way on the sides and dab some water onto both sides.
- Grill the pita breads on both sides while also cooking the falafels on the grill.
- Either fill (or top) the pita breads with the tahini dressing, washed arugula, falafels and sliced avocado, topping with pomegranate seeds and the rest of the coriander for extra flavor. Enjoy!
This recipe embodies my personal Grill Rule: Always dress to impress 😉 A tasty dressing and extra little garnishes are what can take simple ingredients to the next level.
Do you have a grill rule or tip to share?
Feel free to tag @blueberrysmiles22 if you share your creations on Instagram, so I can share in the joy 🙂