Hello and happy Sunday!
Sometimes all you crave is something rich and chocolatey – whether for dessert or, like me yesterday, for breakfast. That’s why I created this creamy concoction out of wholesome fully plant-based ingredients. The banana, sweet potato and dates are a nutritious source of carbs (lots of fiber, vitamins and minerals), the avocado and flaxseeds provide healthy fats and the cacao is chockfull of antioxidants. This powerhouse combo is also super filling and should keep you satiated for quite a while.
You could also serve this up after dinner in little glass jars for a smaller portion of goodness.
Ingredients (serves 1 or 2, depending on whether or not you’re sharing 😉 )
- 1 ripe banana
- ca. 80g sweet potato (cubed, cooked)*
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 large, soft dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
* I used frozen sweet potato for a more smoothie bowl-like vibe, but do whatever is more preferable / practical.
- Granola – I used the Original from Nuts & Friends, a new brand of homemade. organic granola from Zurich, which I kindly got sent to try and absolutely loved! It only uses ‘honest’ ingredients (by that I mean ingredients you would use if making it in your own kitchen yourself) and has an amazingly warm and subtly sweet flavour, enhanced by the added vanilla and cinnamon. There are also two more flavours (the Basic and the Kokos) to check out.
- Fresh strawberries, or other berries
- Nut butter, I used cashew butter but peanut or almond would work well too
- Blend together the banana, sweet potato, avocado, dates and flaxseeds.
- Stir in the cacao powder and do the taste test – if you prefer it sweeter you can add more dates or some maple syrup.
- Serve with delicious toppings – the granola adds a great contrasting crunch and the strawberries a burst of fruity freshness.
P.S. Let me know if you try this and feel free to tag me on Instagram (@blueberrysmiles22) if you’re sharing it there – would love your feedback 🙂