It’s my first weekend in my new place and of course I couldn’t wait to test out my new oven 😉
As part of an ongoing collaboration with health food company Iswari (if you’re not in Switzerland, check them out here) I’ve been trying some more tasty products, one of which inspired me to make these delicious and nutritious breakfast bars.
The “Super Oats Banana Bliss” (Gekeimter Hafer Banane & Kakao in German) is made up of gluten-free raw sprouted oats, ground buckwheat, powdered lucuma, banana powder, ground almonds, cacao beans, activated buckwheat and blackberries and is such a tasty mix! I love that it’s only made from wholesome ingredients and is packed with so much flavor and nutrition. You can also add liquid to it and create an instant porridge.
Variation: If you can’t get your hands on this product, the recipe should also work with the same amount of dry ingredients, such as a mix of ground and whole oats, buckwheat flour, ground almonds, lucuma etc, but may not have quite the same depth of flavor.
Banana Breakfast Bars
Makes: 9 small bars
- 200 g Super Oats Banana Bliss* (/for non-Swiss residents: see here)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 100 g soft dates, mashed or blended
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- generous pinch of cinnamon
* If you’re thinking of ordering this and live in Switzerland you can get 5% off (as well as on any other Iswari products) with the discount code “blueberrysmiles”. [I get a small commission on any orders placed with this code. I only promote brands and products that I genuinely love and would recommend to friends].
- Mix all the ingredients together (if your dates are soft enough, you can just mash them in, meaning you only need to use one bowl).
- Spread the mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper (it won’t fill the whole one, but that’s fine as the mixture is firm) and bake in an oven preheated to 180 °C for ca. 15 minutes. Depending on the thickness, the oven time may vary – you’re looking for the bake to spring back when you touch it.
- Leave to cool for a bit before removing from the tin and cutting into bars.
Tip: They’re even better with some tahini slathered on top 😉
Feel free to tag @blueberrysmiles22 if you share your creations on Instagram, so I can share in the joy 🙂