The weather here in Zurich has been incredible – hot, sunny and all things summery – the perfect weather for barbecuing. One of my current favorites for throwing on the grill are these flavorsome tofu skewers, the recipe for which I came up with in collaboration with Migros, for their summer grill campaign (#grillitarier) 😉
Mediterranean Tofu Skewers
Makes: ca. 9 skewers
- 400g tofu (2 x 200g blocks), cubed
- 100g sundried tomatoes (in olive oil and herbs); drained
- 100g green olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil (from the jar of tomatoes)
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and cayenne pepper to season
- 1 yellow bell pepper / veg of choice, sliced
- Prick the cubed tofu with a fork (this will help the marinade soak in more).
- Blend together the sundried tomatoes and olives, adding the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning.
- Coat the tofu cubes in the marinade, rubbing the marinade onto the tofu. Cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours (ideally overnight).
- Assemble skewers by alternating cubes of tofu and sliced vegetables and cook on a tray over the grill (top with extra marinade that has fallen off).
- Serve with sweet potato wedges, quinoa, salad, couscous or whatever your favorite BBQ sides are.
Feel free to tag @blueberrysmiles22 if you share your creations on Instagram, so I can share in the joy 🙂
2 thoughts on “Mediterranean Tofu Skewers”
Yum sounds perfect for the summer weather!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Agreed! And they’re yummy hot or cold 😉 hope you’re having a lovely day Amy!